Saturday, December 18, 2010

3 months

Well we are approaching the 3 month mark........ wow, that's it!?! I feel like I have FINALLY gotten into a routine. I seems like the last couple of weeks have been going a lot smoother. I am sure a lot of it has to do with the fact I am no long in school and just strictly working/internship. I have 7 weeks left of internship and then hopefully I will be a EMT-P!! I am so excited. I have wanted this for sooooo long and have worked very hard over the last year as well as the last 9 years in EMS. It will be a good feeling to finally get this chapter accomplished.

I still have good days and bad days, however it seems like the bad ones are getting fewer and farther between. I get to talk to Ryan everyday. He has set up his iPod so he can text me throughout the day as well.......... wow, life it rough for us huh? :) I joke, but honestly it has helped me out tremendously to be able to hear from him everyday and know that he is safe. Skype-ing has gotten a little easier. It traumatized me for about the first 2 1/2 months. I would always just end up sitting in the dark office, crying as I looked at him. We have discovered we have to have short and sweet goodbyes. No lingering! "I love you to the moon and back, be safe, GOODBYE!" -hangup! I am also looking forward to our vacation in March. I am trying so hard to save money to be able to have an enjoyable vacation but since we have been a bit behind from Ryan taking time off before he left, it seems to be a harder task than I had anticipated. It seems like there is always something that comes up. This bill, or that bill, or some activity for the kids. Oh well, if it happens, it happens, if not I am just so looking forward to seeing him again. To touch his skin, or rub feet at night is something I have missed more that anything. I want my life and my home to feel normal again. There is such a big void missing from our home.

Well let the count down begin....... 87 more days till Floyd is home!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment